Mac Miller died from a mixture of fentanyl and cocaine

Mac Miller died from a mixture of fentanyl and cocaine

A coroner has ruled rapper Mac Miller's death an accidental overdose due to a combination of drugs and alcohol.

The rapper died from "mixed drug toxicity" and specifically fentanyl and cocaine, TMZ reports. Paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene.

Additional details have been published by TMZ this morning (November 5), including the fact that Miller's unresponsive body was found on his bed, in the praying position. He was already "blue" when someone called 911.

The autopsy was performed three days after Miller's death, but the cause of death was deferred while toxicology tests were performed.

Twitter deletes more than 10000 automated accounts
Reports said numerous accounts were posing as Democrats, posting tweets encouraging U.S. voters to sit out Tuesday's ballot. A source close to the Democrats told Reuters that Twitter had subsequently removed over 10,000 accounts.

Miller also reportedly had a quarter-inch abrasion on the bridge of his nose with blood coming out of one nostril. The pills found in the home include Xanax, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, and Adderall.

The rapper, whose real name was Malcolm James Myers McCormick, was generally healthy otherwise, the report stated. Days before his death, there were reports that he had broken up with his girlfriend, the singer Ariana Grande.

"It is outrageous that Poisonous Synthetic Heroin Fentanyl comes pouring into the U.S. Postal System from China", he wrote on August 20.

An estimated 200 people die of overdoses every day, according to the US Drug Enforcement Administration. It has taken the life of numerous stars, including Prince and Tom Petty. Fentanyl is a powerful opioid pain medication and is much stronger than heroin.

Related Articles