New footage shows sedated football team carried from Thailand cave

New footage shows sedated football team carried from Thailand cave

Initial attempts to locate the boys were twice unsuccessful because the force of cold hypothermia-inducing floodwaters rushing into narrow passages made them impassable.

All 12 boys were recently evacuated from Tham Luang Nang Non, Thailand's longest cave, where they had been trapped inside with their soccer coach since June 23.

The boys are expected to be kept in hospital for at least a week while their immune systems recover.

"To not receive food, we can still survive for many months but what's necessary is water, which the cave has, and around this time there's a lot in the cave, and they chose clean water to drink", he said. "Our department had a..." The other five on the team were Thai navy SEAL divers.

A video of the boys in hospital was shown at the news conference. They were all were rushed to the hospital mostly because of fear of infection. The footage also depicts one of the boys flashing a victory sign and their parents crying and waving at the children from behind a glass partition.

The last group of the 12-member "Wild Boars" soccer team and their coach was brought out of the Tham Luang cave, near the border with Myanmar, on Tuesday night, safely ending a risky rescue and evoking worldwide relief and joy.

"Harry has put the mission out there as the number one thing to do and to look after those boys and to be part of a multinational team to be able to bring them safely home".

Turkey strips government of role in naming Central Bank chief
Erdogan's son-in-law, who previously served as energy minister, assumes responsibility for Turkey's finances at a precarious time. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan takes oath of office at Grand National Assembly of Turkey in Ankara , yesterday.

The boys, aged 11 to 16, had no experience in scuba diving, and the death of an ex-Navy Seal who had helped install oxygen tanks in preparation for the rescue underscored the dangers of the mission.

The group was trapped in the cave by rising water and rescued in a dramatic operation that captivated the world. Three have slight lung infections.

The video shows the boys wearing green surgical masks and sitting up in their beds in the isolation ward at the Chiang Rai Prachanukroh hospital, where they're recovering following their 18-day ordeal in a partly flooded underground cave.

"The world just needs to know that what was accomplished was a once in a lifetime rescue that I think has never been done before", Master Sergeant Anderson said.

During the roughly nine-hour rescue operation, the boys were underwater for four to six hours, according to Jedsada Chokedamrongsook, the permanent secretary of the Thai Health Ministry. They forged deeper into the cave and found a dry, elevated slope where they remained stranded in total darkness for 10 days before rescuers located them.

However, not all of the recuse mission was a success. Players from France and England welcomed news of the rescue and sent their best wishes to the "Wild Boars" on Twitter.

The head of the rescue team, Narongsak Osottanakorn, revealed yesterday that the cave will be turned into "a living museum".

Related Articles