Agent charged over wedding dance gunshot

Agent charged over wedding dance gunshot

The FBI agent whose gun went off in a LoDo bar has been arrested and booked on assault charges.

Chase Bishop, 29, turned himself in and is charged with second degree assault, the Denver District Attorney's Office said.

Authorities did not initially identify the Federal Bureau of Investigation agent because he was not arrested at the time, Denver police community resource officer Marika Putnam said.

Prosecutors said that additional charges may be filed based on the results of a pending blood alcohol content analysis of Bishop.

FBI Agent Chase Bishop was booked on suspicion of second-degree assault after his service pistol fell from his trousers while he was dancing in a nightclub.

He moved to pick the weapon up and unintentionally fired one shot, police said.

Bethesda Confirms Fallout 76 is an Online Survival RPG
The post-apoclyptic game set in West Virginia features numerous landmarks and characters about which the guide has published. Players will have the option of even securing nuclear missile launch codes and sending missiles to unsuspecting encampments.

The FBI declined comment Tuesday "in order to preserve the integrity of the ongoing investigation", spokeswoman Amy Sanders said. He then placed the gun in his waistband and walked off the dance floor with his hands in the air, the video shows. The victim suffered a serious but non-life threatening injury to the lower leg.

Our reporting partner, 9News in Denver, said that multiple sources told them that Bishop works out of Washington D.C. and is a decorated former Army captain who served in Afghanistan.

"The FBI will continue to fully cooperate with the Denver Police Department and the Denver District Attorney's Office as this matter proceeds through the judicial process", she said.

"But when I saw him do a backflip, I couldn't help but laugh", Reddington told ABC News' Good Morning America. "Then it clicked that I've been shot".

The firearm went off when the agent picked it up.

Mile High Spirits said on its Facebook page that the bar's management was "deeply saddened" by the incident.

Related Articles