Trump Signs Law to Fight Online Prostitution

Trump Signs Law to Fight Online Prostitution

She filed a lawsuit and testified in Washington.

President Trump signed bill Wednesday meant to permit victims of sex trafficking to sue online platforms that knowingly facilitated the trafficking.

The bipartisan Stop Enabling Sex Traffickers Act would clarify Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act to ensure that websites that knowingly facilitate sex trafficking can be held liable so that victims can get justice.

Local law enforcement agents also applaud the new law.

To celebrate the signing of the bill, M.A. showed off some of her dance moves after dabbing in the Oval Office.

Beantown Brawl! Yankees fight to 10-7 win over Red Sox
He threw six innings, allowing three runs on four hits with two walks and four strikeouts as the Yankees picked up an 8-3 victory. LOUIS - Matt Albers got his first save for Milwaukee, retiring Kolten Wong and Dexter Fowler to strand a pair of runners.

The woman dabbed as Trump gave some remarks before signing the bill and then was given a few seconds to talk to the president.

Ambrose's 16-year-old daughter Desiree was found murdered on Christmas Eve.

Corker said the legislation will target online sex trafficking by providing victims the opportunity to seek justice against websites, such as backpage.com, that knowingly facilitate sex trafficking and allowing law enforcement officials to take action against these websites. Seven people associated with the website were recently indicted on charges of facilitating prostitution, conspiracy and money laundering. Chief Whipple said this is a good step towards putting a stop to the crime, but he has some concerns. "I received a text message from the Manhattan DA last night that said we have already shut down 87 percent, 87 percent, of online sex trafficking ads out there, and we're after the remaining 13 percent".

"This legislation is going to give prosecutors the tools that they need to make sure that no online website, platform, business can ever reach the size and scope of Backpage.com", Wagner said, rattling off a list of other burgeoning sex trafficking sites she's studied over the years: "Escorts in College, Massage Troll, Erotic Review, Night Shift, CityVibe, My Scarlet Book".

Related Articles