If You Still Haven't Filed Your Taxes - Read This

If You Still Haven't Filed Your Taxes - Read This

The IRS says it believes this is all the result of a glitch, rather than something more nefarious like hacking. "A high-volume technical issue that impacted the system". It's quite possible your return will just be held up in cyberspace, ready to be accepted when the systems come back online.

If a taxpayer can not complete their tax return by the filing deadline, they may apply for a filing extension with DOR or the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

In a statement, the IRS confirmed that the problems are ongoing.

According to the experts, a third of people wait until April to file their taxes - mostly because of time.

Even with an extension, taxpayers should remember that the extension does not affect any tax they owe.

CNBC reported that one of the operations that was out of order was the "Direct Pay" process, which lets Americans pay their taxes with funds in a checking or savings account.

Crackdown on Facebook good for Facebook
A social media network, like Facebook , needs to have access to users' browsing behaviour to enhance their timeline experience. Yet, the latest post from Facebook fails to describe how it uses data from that particular group of people for security.

The usual tax deadline is April 15th, but this year, the 15th fell on a Sunday. Today, their electronic filing system experienced a partial failure. "If you can't do that, pay in as much as you possibly can to avoid further potential late-filing and interest charges". But the agency adds, "Note that your tax payment is due although IRS Direct Pay may not be available".

Acting Commissioner David Kautter told the House Oversight Committee Tuesday morning that they are working to fix the issue and taxpayers should still file their taxes as "they normally would".

Taxpayers who file an extension request with the IRS automatically receive an extension from the state.

Tuesday is tax day - the final day to file your federal income tax returns.

You can also visit the department's website for extra tips on making sure your taxes or extensions are filed on time.

William Perez, senior tax accountant at Visor told Moneyish, "The most efficient way to file an extension is to fill out and mail in Form 4868 which can be downloaded directly from the official IRS website".

Related Articles