YouTube Exec Addresses Logan Paul Suspension:"He Has Made Missteps"

YouTube Exec Addresses Logan Paul Suspension:

The news comes as YouTube released a statement confirming that Paul would be punished for his misdeeds.

For those unfamiliar with the whole debacle, the YouTuber posted a video on December 31, showing a suicide victim in Japan's Aokigahara Forest, commonly referred to as "Suicide Forest". YouTube also removed PewDiePie from Google Preferred. The video was taken down following a slew of complaints from viewers and celebrities, but it was more than a week before further action was taken by YouTube. According to a Bloomberg, Google will begin vetting YouTube videos in the Google Preferred ad program, which Google uses to sell advertisements on the most popular YouTube channels at higher rates.

"We've put all his projects on hold indefinitely, and we'll see in the future", Kyncl said. But YouTube came under fire for not meting out a more serious punishment.

YouTube said the images violated its policies.

Mark Wahlberg Donates $1.5 Million Film Fee After Outcry
On Thursday night, Olivia Munn roasted Wahlberg from the stage of the Critics' Choice Awards during a sarcastic toast segment. The man realized how unfair the treatment of women in the movie industry is and made a decision to take action.

Initially YouTube issued a "Community Guidelines strike" against Paul.

"But we've been listening to everything you've been saying", the streaming service said in a series of tweets, pledging to take steps "to ensure a video like this is never circulated again". There was an immediately backlash of public outrage, and though the video was quickly taken down, the damage was done. This response did not satisfy many people who demanded Paul face consequences for his actions. YouTube severed ties with Paul less than two weeks later. Many apparently believe YouTube needs to remove Paul's channel permanently, although given the growing proliferation of robot tweets in the Twitterverse, it's really hard to say which critics are real and which ones are Memorex.

After uploading a tone-deaf and offensive video shot in Japan's "suicide forest" last month, Paul's appearances in the upcoming new season of the YouTube Originals series "Foursome" and a sequel to the 2016 film "The Thinning" were canceled.

Eric Dahan, co-founder and CEO of Open Influence, an influencer marketing firm that works with brands like Coca Cola and BMW, says the controversy has woken up YouTube to the havoc that the missteps of one of its top content creators can wreak on its global brand.

Related Articles