Delhi govt orders probe into Max Hospital negligence case

Delhi govt orders probe into Max Hospital negligence case

The Centre today directed the Delhi government to immediately look into an incident in which a premature baby was found to be alive after being declared dead by a private hospital here even as the city government ordered a probe into it.

The police has registered a case under Section 308 of the IPC which governs cases related to attempt to commit culpable homicide and is punishable by upto seven years in jail.

This would allegedly cost the family Rs 40-50 lakh, he said.

The family members of the twins found one of the them breathing while they were on their way to cremate the infants about an hour after doctors at the Max Super Speciality Hospital in Shalimar Bagh (West Delhi) declared them "stillborn".

"However, while on way for their burial, we observed a slight movement in the packet".

In a tweet, state health minister Satyendar Jain called the incident "shocking criminal negligence" in a tweet.

"On the other hand, the Delhi government has ordered an inquiry into the matter".

The Haryana government has reportedly set up a committee to probe this matter and is expected to submit a report of action taken to the union health ministry secretary Preeti Sudan by next week.

Your American Airlines holiday flight is still on
Finally, make sure you're signed up for flight status notifications so you know right away if anything changes, Schlichter said. The pilots' union said it withdrew the grievance after meeting with senior American Airlines' management on Friday.

"The allegation is serious in nature and demands a serious inquiry". Chief minister Arvind Kejriwal has promised "strict action".

"She was admitted there on November 28".

Varsha had given birth to a boy and a girl. The baby and its twin had been handed over to their family in a packet.

Max Healthcare said in a statement that the "22 week premature baby" was handed over without any sign of life, adding that the doctor responsible for the blunder had been sent on leave.

The babies were born prematurely at twenty two weeks, on Thursday morning. While one baby was stillborn, the other was declared dead hours later after his condition was stated to be "critical" and "unable to survive". "We are also consulting legal experts", Pathak said. "We have initiated a detailed inquiry, pending which the doctors concerned have been asked to proceed on leave immediately", the statement added.

It is not almost the first case of a living person mistakenly being declared dead - not even in the modern era of medical science.

The DMC also has taken cognisance of the case and chose to examine it, said its registrar, Girish Tyagi.

Related Articles