Borussia Dortmund suspend forward, Dembele 'until further notice'

Borussia Dortmund suspend forward, Dembele 'until further notice'

Ousmane Dembele has had his suspension extended by Borussia Dortmund until further notice as he continues to be unsettled by interest from Barcelona.

Bosz, chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke and sporting director Michael Zorc held a meeting on Saturday night and they have now chose to extend Dembele's suspension "until further notice" and he will have to train on his own.

"Our focus is now on preparing the team for their Bundesliga opener against Wolfsburg next weekend".

Dortmund added that they "will not make any more comments on the situation beyond this statement".

In a statement to the stock market, the club said: "Borussia Dortmund has made a decision to uphold the training suspension for the player Ousmane Dembele until further notice".

Nigeria's Buhari "feels ready to go home", awaiting doctor's OK
Buhari also "lauded Nigerian television stations and the media generally", for helping him keep tabs on happenings in the country. President Buhari has spent more time since the beginning of 2017 in Britain than in Nigeria.

Dortmund confirmed a bid for the 20-year-old from Barca had been rejected and that a transfer did not seem likely, before announcing the forward would be suspended for their DFB-Pokal clash against Rielasingen-Arlen on Saturday.

"Ousmane Dembele has, of course, the opportunity to train individually, away from the squad".

With Neymar recently leaving Barcelona to join French giants Paris Saint-Germain in a deal worth £200m, the Catalan giants are in the market for a replacement and have identified former Rennes winger Dembele as a potential signing.

While Dembele has been strongly linked with a move to Barca, Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho is also said to be interesting Ernesto Valverde's side and has reportedly handed in a transfer request.

Related Articles