'Sword stands ready,' Pence warns North Korea

'Sword stands ready,' Pence warns North Korea

He said that an "all-out war" would result if the U.S. took military action.

U.S. Vice President Mike Pence says the U.S. will not relent until it achieves its objective of ensuring the Korean Peninsula is free of nuclear weapons.

Vice President Mike Pence sent another clear warning to North Korea on Wednesday, telling personnel aboard a Japan-based US aircraft carrier that "all options are on the table" when dealing with the Stalinist regime.

King told CNBC on Tuesday that, instead, Japan will certainly support the us against North Korea.

Pence repeated the phrase in South Korea, the first stop on his tour, and again during his speech aboard the Ronald Reagan.

Mr Han told the BBC: "If the USA is planning a military attack against us, we will react with a nuclear pre-emptive strike by our own style and method".

Mr Mattis did not identify the type of missile but said it was not of intercontinental range, meaning it could not reach USA territory.

President Donald Trump's claims that it had been heading to the Korean peninsula were initially dismissed, then later confirmed.

Pence made his remarks as the White House grappled with controversy over the location of the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier strike group.

Miami's Chen has no-hitter through 6 innings vs. Seattle
The Marlins finally got on the board in the ninth inning thanks to an opposite field home run from Christian Yelich. Mitch Haniger's one-out double in the ninth inning saved the Mariners from the indignity of a no-hit loss.

Tensions between Pyongyang and Washington have soared in recent weeks as a series of North Korean missile tests have prompted ever-more severe warnings from Trump's administration. It test-fired a missile on Sunday that exploded within seconds of launch, following a grand military parade on Saturday.

On both the North Korean and United States sides of the conflict, all talk of military action can likely be dismissed as bluster.

On Monday, Pence travelled to the tense Demilitarized Zone dividing North and South Korea, where he warned North Korea's leaders that after years of testing the US and South Korea with its nuclear ambitions, "the era of strategic patience is over".

It has said it has developed and would launch a missile that can strike the mainland United States but officials and experts believe it is some time away from mastering the necessary technology, including miniaturising a nuclear warhead.

The advisor said there is still a problem to be solved before the THAAD battery is deployed and operational here and it will be decided by the next South Korean president.

Last month, US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson warned that pre-emptive military action was "on the table". But the vice-president expressed impatience with the unwillingness of the North to move toward ridding itself of nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles. While the North did not conduct a nuclear test, the specter of a potential test and an escalated US response has trailed Pence as he undertakes his Asian tour. The US has dismissed this, saying that planned, regularly occurring military exercises that have gone on for 40 years without leading to war can't be equated to a state that often threatens to nuke its neighbors. He attributed the failures to malware implanted by the U.S.as part of its cyber warfare against the North.

"I hope there's going to be peace, but they've been talking with this gentleman (Kim Jong-un) for a long time".

He said the U.S. was "disturbing global peace and stability and insisting on the gangster-like logic that its invasion of a sovereign state is decisive and just and proportionate and contributes to defending the worldwide order". Continued reckless behavior by Pyongyang could force China and the U.S.to impose further sanctions, the editorial noted, such as by halting petroleum supplies or an American freeze on financial activities. Foreign Ministry spokesman Lu Kang said tensions need to be eased on the Korean Peninsula to bring the escalating dispute there to a peaceful resolution.

Related Articles

  • Brighton clinch promotion to Premier League with 2-1 win over Wigan

    Brighton clinch promotion to Premier League with 2-1 win over Wigan

    The Seagulls have not played in the top flight since 1983, but will be locking horns with the elite teams once again next season. Goals from Glenn Murray and Solly March were enough for the leaders, despite a late strike from Nick Powell.
    US 'armada' heading in other direction when Trump threatened North Korea

    US 'armada' heading in other direction when Trump threatened North Korea

    A Navy photograph over the weekend showed the Carl Vinson in the Sunda Strait near the Indonesian islands. Historically, Pyongyang has launched missile tests around important dates on the North Korean calendar.
    Pro-Trump, anti-Trump protesters clash in Berkeley, California

    Pro-Trump, anti-Trump protesters clash in Berkeley, California

    Police also said in a statement that " more arrests will be pursued" after officials investigate social media and video footage. Numerous attendees at the Washington D.C. march wore the pink pussy hats that were first seen at the Women's March in January.
  • Last dance: Bulls are down to final game in playoff push

    Last dance: Bulls are down to final game in playoff push

    Memphis, the seventh seed in the Western Conference, was led by Mike Conley and Zach Randolph, who scored 15 points each. KNICKS 114 bt 76ERS 113 - Maurice Ndour's step-back jumper with 18.3 seconds remaining lifted NY over Philadelphia.

    Australia scraps visa for skilled foreign workers

    The highest proportion of these foreign workers come from India (24.6%), followed by the United Kingdom (19.5%) and China (5.8%). For those who are already in Australia under the 457 visa programme, they will not be affected by the change.
    Arsenal Defeat To Crystal Palace Worries Arsene Wenger

    Arsenal Defeat To Crystal Palace Worries Arsene Wenger

    It would be "inconvenient" for me to speak about my own future tonight. However, 11 years later, he's Arsenal's captain for a must-win game.
  • The Feltz Wealth PLAN Inc. Has $14549000 Stake in Apple Inc. (AAPL)

    The Feltz Wealth PLAN Inc. Has $14549000 Stake in Apple Inc. (AAPL)

    Nomura Maintains the stock to Buy on 3/24/17 by stationing a price target of $165. 7 advised "Hold Rating" regarding the stock. Drexel Hamilton reaffirmed a buy rating and set a $185.00 price target on shares of Apple in a report on Friday, March 10th.
    Oil prices rise after statement by OPEC secretary general

    Oil prices rise after statement by OPEC secretary general

    Chief Executive Officer Amin Nasser said the global oil market is moving closer to balance despite the US shale boom. Brent for June settlement was 3 cents higher at $55.28 a barrel on the London-based ICE Futures Europe exchange.
    Bank regulator faults itself for missing Wells Fargo issues

    Bank regulator faults itself for missing Wells Fargo issues

    Sanger Buys 58,342 Shares of Wells Fargo & Co (WFC) Stock" was published by BBNS and is the sole property of of BBNS. On average, equities research analysts expect that Wells Fargo & Co will post $4.20 EPS for the current fiscal year.
  • Alabama Supreme Court upholds Chief Roy Moore's suspension

    Alabama Supreme Court upholds Chief Roy Moore's suspension

    When asked if he will add his name to the list of Republicans running for governor in 2018, or U.S. Prosecutors with the JIC said Moore's in his order urged probate judges to defy the U.S.
    Samsung's Bixby Works On Galaxy S7, Older Devices Running Android 7.0 Nougat

    Samsung's Bixby Works On Galaxy S7, Older Devices Running Android 7.0 Nougat

    The company has actually lowered the capacity of the battery of the Galaxy S8 , but tweaked it in a way to make it last longer. You can use your iris data to quickly unlock your screen , verify your Samsung account, and sign into webpages and more .

    O'Reilly's departure creates new challenges for Fox

    Perino said at the top of the show that, "We know you, his loyal viewers, will have a lot of feelings about it". Fox News parent company 21st Century Fox announced on Wednesday O'Reilly was being removed from the network .